I made Angel Pillows to include in Christmas gift treats this year. They're one of three things I decided to make. I thought how pretty to make an all-white treat package! Very wintery!
Makes: about 28 cookies
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup sugar for rolling
Directions1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a food processor, combine flour, powdered sugar, cornstarch, and salt. Cover and process until combined.
2. Add vanilla extract to the flour mixture; add butter. Cover and process with several on/off pulses until mixture starts to cling, stopping once to scrape down side of bowl. Gather mixture into a ball.
3. Shape dough into 1 1/4-inch balls. Place 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
4. Bake in the preheated oven about 12 minutes or just until edges start to brown. Transfer cookies to a wire rack; cool for 5 minutes.
5. Place sugar in a small bowl. While still warm, roll cookies in sugar to coat. Cool completely on wire rack.
Makes about 28 cookies.
To Store: Layer cookies between waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Store at room temperature for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
Original recipe from Better Homes and Gardens (I tweaked it a bit.)